The Central Pennsylvania Chapter of PIAA Football Officials was organized as the Football Officials Association of Central Pennsylvania on September 12, 1929. For many years, the Association officiated all of the Central Pennsylvania area high school football games.
In 1945, the Association received it's charter and became a chapter of PIAA Football Officials. The chapter remained as one chapter until 1954. In 1954, the chapter divided into two chapters, the Central Penn Football Chapter and the Greater Harrisburg Chapter. Both of these chapters worked high school football in the Central Pennsylvania Area.
In 1988, following numerous discussions between the two chapter's leadership and the recent formation of the Mid Penn Conference within the Pennsylvania Interscholastic Athletic Association (PIAA), the Capital Area Chapter of PIAA Football Official and the Greater Harrisburg Chapter merged. Another factor in the merger was that many of the officials from the two chapters were officiating small college football games surrounding the Harrisburg area.
The Capital Area Football Officials Association(CAFOA) has a strong history of chapter members providing leadership throughout it's existence. Please click on the CACPFO logo above for a list of it's Executive Board members dating back to 1929.